Other blasting media
Green Lightning Olivine Sand is often used for facade cleaning.
Green Lightning Olivine Sand is a magnesium iron silicate. The abrasive has many different applications and in IBIX® system used mainly for façade cleaning. Thanks to the softness of the abrasive façades could be cleaned with minimal damage. Olivine Sand is often used in combination with the IBIX® H2O system.
Olivine Sand is widely used for the following applications:
- Cleaning facades and concrete
- Removing graffiti of stony ground
- Remove paint and rust of steel with a smooth finish
- Roughening and cleaning coatings
round / hard-edged
grey / green
3,3 kgs / dm³
1,7 kgs / dm³
EuroGrit is widely used for the blasting of concrete and the removal of rust and paint coatings of steel.
Eurogrit is a commonly used abrasive and has the advantage that it is relatively cheap. Eurogrit are small sharp particles from coal power plants, comes with CE mark and is not toxic.
Eurogrit is widely used for the following applications:
- Blasting / chiselling of concrete
- Remove paint and rust of steel
- Clean and roughen coatings for a new coat of paint
- Pretreatment with plastering
sharp / sharp edged
brown to black
2,4 - 2,6 kgs / dm³
1,3 - 1,4 kgs / dm³
Eurocal lime powder is used for the cleaning of fragile monuments.
Eurocal lime powder has a very low hardness and therefore perfectly suited for the cleaning of fragile historic buildings.
Eurocal is widely used for the following applications:
- Cleaning of facades and monuments
- Removing graffiti from aluminum frames, siding
- Grattifi removal and cleaning of polished stone ( marble etc.)
- Cleaning of galvanized steel without removing the zinc layer
2,5 - 3 mohs
2,5 kgs / dm³
1,4 kgs / dm³
Glass beads are used for beautification of the surface without affecting the base material. Glass beads are great for toning surface.
With glass bead blasting the surface is cleaned quickly and thoroughly. Furthermore dirt will be removed and the surface is given a smooth and shiny appearance. Glass bead blasting is widely used on stainless steel in the food and pharmaceutical industries, because the treatment will make it less susceptible after passivation for greasy fingers.
Glass bead blasting is widely used for the following applications:
- Blasting of aluminum and stainless steel
- Removing light oxidation
- Remove paint and wax of wood
- Matting of glass
- Clean stainless steel in the food and pharmaceutical industries
2,46 kg / dm³
1,5 - 1,6 kg / dm³
ARMEX® Soda is a water-soluble, odorless and slightly alkaline powder.
Blasting with ARMEX® soda offers you the best cleaning and decontaminating solution with no need to stop your production line. ARMEX® baking soda is totally soluble and therefore the IBIX® soda blasting process leaves no residue.
IBIX® Soda blasting system offers the following advantages:
- Degreasing, decontaminating and cleaning with no need to use
- etergents or other aggressive chemicals
- A 100% ecological cleaning process
- Very low water consumption
ARMEX® Soda is used for the following applications:
- Cleaning all kinds of surfaces
- Removing paint of aluminum, steel, plastics, concrete, marble and natural stone
- Blasting glass without dulling it
- Cleaning in the food industry
2,2 kg / dm³
1,0 kg / dm³
There are about 40 types of abrasives each with multiple applications.
Each year, more applications are being rediscovered by IBIX® system. If you have questions if the IBIX® system is also suitable for your application, we are more than happy to advise you.
Below you will find a list of the various options with the most common abrasives.
Wood and furniture
- Removing paint and wax of furniture
- Remove old paint layers of oak beams in a house
- Removing varnish on woodwork
- Removing paint / wax layers of wood flooring / parquet and similar
- Renovating old wooden ornaments / images / wood carving / furniture
- Also cleaning soft types of wood
- Maintenance / Removing paint and rust of material
- Buffing / matting stuck coatings of steel
- Removing rust in hard to reach places
- Glass bead blasting / polishing of steel
- Remove mill scale from steel
- Clean welds very effectively
- Roughening of all types of metal for adhesion
- Remove stains using glass beads
- Removing varnish / paint / corrosion of all metals
- Remove smog / organic pollution of brick
- Removing graffiti from brick
- Cleaning brick retaining patina
- Remove paint from brick in almost all cases
- Remove stucco of brick
- Remove gelcoat polyester
- Osmosis treatment on polyester
- Slightly roughening of polyester suture
- Blasting / chiselling concrete
- Very quickly remove paint from concrete
- Remove stucco from concrete